In the winter of 1959 under the guidance of the Holy Spirit the late Reverend Roscoe Reese and seven praying Warriors--Reverend Lightfoot, Reverend Wilson, Reverend James Jackson, Deacon Lucas and Deacon Harris--held an organizing meeting. The first church was on 24th Street South, later moved into the Mason Hall. The name chosen was "The Christ Church". Reverend R. Reese served as Pastor until he became ill. Reverend James Jackson was recommended to carry on.
In March 1959 with prayers and faith in God, of the seven members, this church was purchased. Reverend James Jackson was called as Pastor. In July 1959 the cornerstone was laid. The Lord blessed us under the leadership of Reverend J. Jackson; many bold soldiers accepted Christ and added to the church. In July 1979 we were able to burn the mortgage of the church. Several Ministers and Deacons were ordained under Reverend Jackson's leadership. The church made many improvements by the help of the Lord. Pastor Jackson served for 30 years.
Eight months later Reverend Morgie Lee Ford was called to be Pastor. Reverend M.L. Ford served for sixteen years as Pastor. The Lord continued to bless the church under his leadership. With the retirement of Reverend M.L. Ford and the induction of Reverend Troy A. Adams, Sr., New Jerusalem continues to flourish under the guidance of the Lord and the leadership of Reverend Adams.
Reverend Adams continues to put his heart and soul into the uplifting of Christ, the word and the church. Through Reverend Adams' leadership and wisdom, the church has completed its new sanctuary and is currently moving toward completing the new fellowship hall. Reverend Adams is currently working toward God's Kingdom building, spiritually and physically and is a leading force in this transformation.
Leaders of Our Flock 1959-Present
Pastor Roscoe Reese 1959
Pastor James Jackson 1959-1989
Pastor Morgie Ford 1989-2006
Pastor Troy Adams, Sr. 2006-Present